Friday, March 30, 2007

Stormy Homestead


Quickly becoming a series, I love this scene. This barn is on my favorite "scenic route" on the way home from work. Any time the light strikes me as particulary interesting, or if I'm just in the mood to try to capture a great photograph despite the light, this is the way I go. Tonight, I was drawn in by the thunderstorms.

So, does it make me a coward that I was continually looking from one window to the next for funnel clouds? I swear I was going to try to get a few shots before speeding away.

On second thought, maybe that makes me an idiot. So be it.

Hey, go check out my Etsy shop, why dontcha?! This photograph is there, along with one other from the Homestead series.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hi! I've seen your work on Etsy and favourited a bunch when I still had a shop...and now I see you in Pinky's links so I thought I'd come on over and say "HI!". :)

GREAT work you do in your spare time. It makes me want to move to the country, as all I get to see on my way home is a congested highway full of crappy cars and roads desperately in need of repair...hahaha! ;)

Kansas looks like a wonderful place!

Jared May said...

Thanks amber. Kansas is wonderful. I just love it. :)

Cynthia said...

Your photographs are amazing Jared!!! I'm so glad that you commented on my blog, so that I got a chance to find yours.

I especially like the rural scenes.

So, you're a math teacher? You can tell your student's that math does come in handy in the real world.

Jared May said...

Thanks, cynthia. :)

I try to tell them, but some of them just don't want to hear it! :)

Anonymous said...

I now have a second favorite.

Anonymous said...

This picture is incredible. It has so much going on. Love the feeling it gives me. Great work Jared.
Gina